Translate

Another complaint about CGU, fast-emerging as Australia's worst insurance company

This email has been received by Queensland Consumer Watch:
 
"Thought you might be interested in my experience with CGU Insurance a couple of years ago. It was a relatively minor claim under Strata Title Insurance (lodged for me by a Commercial Body Corporate Manager). When I rang CGU to enquire about making a complaint, I was passed from person to person, all saying they didn't know who handled complaints. I asked for a copy of the Insurance Code of Conduct which their PDS said was available from them. They denied all knowledge of it. I pointed out they were breaching their own Code of Conduct outlined in the PDS. No knowledge of that either.
 
Then I rang the Assessor where I was told that the Assessor (I forget their name) was the same as CGU and had its employees sitting on their board.
 
Finally the Ombudsman resolved it for me.
 
Yes, this would have to be the most unprincipled insurance company I've ever dealt with and I was stuck with it. Thank God the Body Corporate Manager has now changed companies. This of course, brings us to another unprincipled supposedly "self-regulated" industry which is running riot, protected by vested interests. But that's another story."
 
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
CGU is emerging as the most-callous insurance company in Australia. Their treatment of their customers in the
aftermath of the recent Brisbane and Ipswich floods ranks as one of the low points in the Australian insurance
industry.  People buying insurance around Australia should be forever reminded of CGU's disgraceful performance.
 Why buy from CGU when all they say is: "F..U".