Dear SCAMwatch radar subscriber,
Did you know May 18 – 24 is Fraud Week?
Fraud Week is an initiative of the Australasian Consumer Fraud Taskforce (ACFT) and is a national campaign aimed at raising awareness of consumer fraud. Over100 government and industry bodies which work side by side to promote consumer protection.
The theme for the 2015 campaign is 'get smarter with your data' and will focus on the importance of protecting your personal information. We want to help Australians understand how valuable their personal information is to scammers, and provide them with some practical guidance on how to minimise the risk of becoming a victim of identity crime.
To leave scammers out in the cold, follow SCAMwatch's Top 6 Protect Yourself tips:
1. Keep your personal details secure
2. Think twice about what you say and do in an online environment
3. Keep your mobile devices and computers secure
4. Choose your passwords carefully
5. Beware of any request for your details or money
6. Get a copy of your credit report
For more information on Fraud Week, and on how to get smarter with your data, visit our website at www.scamwatch.gov.au/fraudweek2015.
Stay ahead of scammers. Follow @SCAMwatch_gov on Twitter.